Thursday, March 31, 2011

Skin

I'm trying to escape this skin.
Go to the department store and purchase a new one.
(not too expensive please, I'm a poor college student that doesn't know what to do.)
I plaster make-up and fry my hair
to stick to the image I perceive that others perceive as beautiful
and it all gets so exhausting.
I'm ready to shed who I am and start again
(this isn't the first time I've molted).
I've tried and tried again to view myself as the person I want to be
but I just haven't found the right size yet.
I look around and see other's who tried on one and are good to go
(but sometimes I wonder if they just snuck out and found a new one when no one was looking).
So I'm going to go try on some new cuts
and maybe I'll find the one the suits me best.
And if I don't I'll just buy one I like for now
and go through this all over again in a year or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment